JourneyWoman

This is a site that attempts to encourage the understanding of the unity of all being and its implications for humanity on their journey of return to the One. Reflections are often presented in the form of creative writing and poetry

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

To read is good, to practice is better

Monday, June 04, 2007

Strawberry Moon


Originally uploaded by Bladeflyer


I only recently discovered that at the end of June we will have a Strawberry Moon. I had never heard of this before but after a bit of research I learned that it is the name for the full moon in the strawberry picking month. This is a poem in honour of the Strawberry Moon.

Strawberry Moon

Strawberry moon you bloom
with joy, blushing red
in the love the One bestows

Deep in the night, alone
with light, baring your
face to the listening heart

Strawberry moon you bloom.
Pass a secret kiss
from the Beloved to us

Deep in the night, alone,
lovers on earth long
to taste such a loving embrace

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Strawberries are far from abundance here and something I miss terribly when living in Europe. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see the strawberry moon either - at least I don't think I'll be seeing it from here.

June 11, 2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger Norma Kassim said...

i close my eyes..and drown in the embrace..

June 14, 2007 3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Link
Google
Web Blog Pinging Service Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator Blog Flux Directory Blogroll Me! Religion Blogs - Blog Top Sites